Nesting is in full force. So is stressing. These thoughts race through my mind on a weekly basis:
- What do I do if I go into labor and can’t reach Adam? Do I call 911? I have no idea.
- We’ll bring the twins with to the hospital, I’m sure, but who will watch them while I’m in labor or surgery? I suppose if I end up with an elective c-section, we can plan this better, but it’s not like we have a ton of people around to volunteer to stay with the boys for an entire day!
- I’m going to attempt a VBAC… but am freaking out that I’ll just end up with a c-section anyway. Going through labor and then having a big surgery would suck.
- Since I’m going to attempt the VBAC, we have no idea when this baby will be here. And I’ll need some help… Adam will take the first week off (yay paternity leave!), but then it’s up in the air when someone will come next, who it will be, and for how long.
- Where will the baby sleep? I always wanted to start Baby in a crib (like the boys), but it would be so much easier (for ME) to have Baby in our room for the first few weeks. Late night feedings will be more enjoyable for everyone if I don’t have to get out of my bed 🙂
- How will Sam and Jack react? This will keep me up at night. I love these two boys so much, and they are becoming so independent, adventurous, and needy… I’m hoping the needy stage ends before the baby gets here. But I am terrified they will feel neglected, start acting out, etc…
Here is a list of things left to do/buy before baby gets here:
- Diapers! We use cloth with the boys, but will start with disposables for the baby.
- Bottles– we have several that we used with the boys, but I have worn those babies thin with feedings for Sam, ran them through the dishwasher daily, etc. Probably a good idea to replace those.
- Finish painting the nursery– we want to put stripes on one wall, and paint the trim.
- Semi-decorate the nursery– I’m not going for 100% put-together. Let’s be honest, we have no time for that. But I’d like to put up the curtains, the crib, etc.
- Find the BABY toys! Find the Boppys! Find EVERYTHING from the baby/newborn stage! And wash!
- Make a bunch of freezer meals. A few weeks before my due date I’m going to send Adam out of the house with the twins so I can get cooking.
- Go through the boys’ old clothes and find some gender neutral stuff to wash. If it’s a boy, we’ll be totally set. If it’s a girl, we’ll just have to buy some hairbows 🙂
I’m sure I’m forgetting 324 things. Oh well!
Also, I forgot to mention–!!! Sam is climbing stairs! Jack is now climbing down them!
We had an awesome weekend too. Went out both nights. Had some awesome babysitters (Steph and Aaron) on Friday night. Saturday was a Radiology BBQ and we all had a great time.
Aaannnd… check out these 2 videos 🙂
HOW AWESOME IS THIS?!?!??!?!?!
LOVE THIS VIDEO OF JACK AND GRANDPA!